I will be trying this recipe this Thanksgiving. Looks easy and I get to combine two dishes I was planning on into one. Yea! BIG PLUS is that they say it will take 5 min to prepare.
Almond Green Bean Rice
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
–> COURSE: Side Dish
|3 package UNCLE BEN’S FLAVORFUL® Roasted Chicken Rice|
|5 1/4 cups water|
|6 tbsp. butter or margarine|
|3 Pkg. frozen french cut green beans|
|3 Pkg. slivered almonds, toasted|
1. In a large 2-quart saucepan, heat the butter or margarine.
2. Add the rice and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the green beans and the water, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
4. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. While rice is simmering, in a small skillet toast the almonds over medium low heat,(should take about 3 minutes).
6. When all liquid has been absorbed, gently stir in the almonds and serve.
You can find the link here.