Wow, another nail post. I just wanted to document my latest attempt with the technique I used for my last mani design at, Dark Side of the Moon. I should also state that I found it on Pinterest, but you can go directly to Beauty Tutorials, Ombre Stain Nails. I should first state that the reason for my all-too-quick change up of colors is that I experienced major chipping yesterday and the first time, I did manage an excellent repair, the next day other nails chipped and they were BIG pieces of chipped off nail color. So, this could be because of the Seche Vite, I’m not convinced that it was because of it alone. If you remember, Seche Vite goes on very thick; BUT this was the first time it happened since I got the product, over a month ago. It could be a combination of SV and layered nail color, or maybe that I combined lacquer and enamel together.
I had the idea to use a dark brown cream for the base, with orange and dark green colors dabbed into it. I hated how it came out, except for me thumbs, which are longer than the rest of my nails. With this post I will also update on the “how many coats can I put on before Seche Vite stops working” question.
So, I started off with a favorite base coat, then used Kleancolor Nail Lacquer, Dark Brown #52 (Above, second from left). In the bottle, this looks dark brown, but on my nail, looked really dark, almost black. I love how this goes on very smooth. After my nail color was totally dry, I snipped another piece of my make up sponge and swiped on two colors, Kleancolor Nail Lacquer, Metallic Orange #160 (Above, left middle), and Wet n Wild Fastdry, SaGreena the Teenage Witch, #226C (Above, right middle)… then a third color, which I never do, but it blended nice with the green color and that was Wet n Wild Fastdry, Teal of Fortune. #228C (Above, second from right). This last one was a glitter polish. Okay, so on the whole I did not like this last finished product; though more because of my lack of skill and not the colors, themselves. As you can see, I left my thumbs as is because I loved how they came out.
I was gonna leave it, I was gonna leave it……..
But no. The itch to change it was too much. I resolved to just cover this up with one color and leave it. I used two coats of Wet n Wild Fastdry, Gray’s Anatomy, #237C, only on my last four digits. I really love how this stuff looks in the bottle. It’s a real almost sick green/gray with pink pearlized look. I really really like it, but alas, it did not coordinate well with my thumbs. I dared take another color, Sinful Colors, Leather Loose, #1331. This worked out very well and what I really like about this polish is that it dries to a matt finish, which I love, yet I don’t feel right if I don’t add a top coat.. and when you do, all these reddish brown sparklies emerge and gives it a whole new finished, sparkly look which was complete with yet another coat of Seche Vite. So let’s recap on just how much polish I have on my nails right now:
- Seche Clear as base coat
- Kleancolor Nail Lacquer, Dark Brown #52
- (not a whole coat) dabbed on colors on upper half of nails: Kleancolor Nail Lacquer, Metallic Orange #160, Wet n Wild Fastdry, SaGreena the Teenage Witch, #226C, Wet n Wild Fastdry, Teal of Fortune. #228C
- Seche Vite
- Wet n Wild Fastdry, Gray’s Anatomy, #237C on last four digits only.
- Sinful Colors, Leather Loose, #1331 on last four digits only.
- Seche Vite
So, that’s roughly seven coats of nail polish and Seche Vite STILL dried to a nice mirror smooth, hard shell in just a couple of minutes. That’s pretty impressive and so now you can see why I freakishly love this stuff and will always find a way to get it.
Please let me know what you think. Do you like my choice of colors?
- My obsession with Seche Vite and NOTD (tabassumsabirmua.wordpress.com)
- Rich Fall Nail Polish Colors from China Glaze, Seche and Salon Perfect (fortyflirtyfabulous.wordpress.com)
- mani therapy (shortandlovely.wordpress.com)
- Easy Chevron Nails (nearlynailedit.wordpress.com)
- Nail Stamping (doctorcrafty.wordpress.com)
- Nail Polish Guide: Seasons (bestofthebestbeauty.wordpress.com)
- Dark Green Nails (girlnextdoornc.wordpress.com)
- 10 nail polishes for fall (2013) (thegrassskirtblog.com)
- Nailed It (catherinehynes.wordpress.com)
- Fall makeup trends: The colors of the Season! (livethroughlyricsphotography.wordpress.com)